The mission of TransMentors International Inc. is to raise awareness and effecting a positive change in issues which are specific to the Trans community.
The primary focus of TransMentors International will always be that of the needs and concerns of the Individual. In concentrating our efforts to this effect, this organization will encompass a variety of activities to implement public awareness, acceptance and support of trans and non-binary individuals and their specific needs.
TransMentors International foresees addressing any and all issues as they occur and change within the Trans community. In pursuing this vision, TransMentors will work not only as an individual and separate organization, but also alongside of other organizations in pursuit of these same issues.
In assisting the individual, TransMentors International approaches, but is not limited to the following:
- Provides safe, online space for trans adults and youth, along with their loved ones, to interact with each other and find support locally and in other cities.
- Provides safe offline, in-person mentoring and phone support for trans youth and adults, hosting Workshops and coordinates in Mentor/Mentee relationships.
- Provides Faith-Based Support with faith leaders in the community.
- Provides emergency assistance for the trans community by finding safe housing (both permanent and temporary) as well as with other necessary living expenses such food, hygiene materials, clothing and bus passes.
In collaboration with the general community, TransMentors International seeks to:
- Provide education and advocacy events, workshops, seminars and speaking engagments geared to bring awareness to the trans community.
- Build relationships with faith-based organizations to ensure inclusion and acceptance of Trans identities both in their administration and in congregations; hosting educational and awareness sessions to faith-based leaders, and assisting in providing safe and welcoming faith-based environments for the Trans community, including faith counseling services.
- Work with public & private educational institutions to ensure that the specific issues facing Trans youth are acknowledged and addressed appropriately.