The mission of TransMentors International Inc. is to raise awareness and effect positive change in issues which are specific to the Trans community.
Our primary focus is to address and assist in the day-to-day needs and concerns of trans and nonbinary individuals. Toward that end, we strive to provide personalized support, safe spaces, mentoring, emergency assistance, education, and community advocacy, addressing any and all issues as they occur and change with regards to this gender diverse community.
In assisting the individual, TransMentors International
- Provides safe, online space for trans and nonbinary individuals of all ages along with their loved ones to interact with each other, and to find support locally and in other geographical locations.
- Provides safe online and offline mentoring and phone support, hosting Workshops and coordinates in Mentor/Mentee relationships.
- Provides emergency assistance for the trans community by finding safe housing (both permanent and temporary) as well as with other necessary living expenses such food, hygiene products, and clothing.
In collaboration with the general community, TransMentors International:
- Engages in education and advocacy events, workshops, seminars and speaking engagements geared to bring awareness to trans and nonbinary individuals.
- Works with public & private educational institutions to ensure that the specific issues facing this community are acknowledged and addressed appropriately.