TransMentors International, Inc. is seeking applicants
for a position on its Board of Directors.
The Board will support the work of TransMentors International, Inc. and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Executive Director (E.D.), the Board-E.D. relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- A genuine interest in the mission and vision of TransMentors International, Inc.
- Be aware of issues that are relevant to the organization, and keep up to date on relevant trends in the community
- A desire to help lead and support the transgender community through our Programs and Projects which include the International Mentors Program, Phone Mentoring, Faith Support, the S.A.F.E. Project and others.
- A willingness to represent TransMentors International at selected national and local conferences as well as to local and national agencies in order to provide education and resources to not only the trans community, but to the greater society as a whole.
- Understand that TMII is a donation-driven organization, and to that effect, fundraising is a priority. Board Members will be expected to find, secure and promote fundraising activities which further the organization’s goals.
- A willingness to commit time, energy and skills into promoting the growth of the organization.
- Bring your own training, skills, and experience to all board decisions.
- Keep board discussions confidential
Candidates should Download the Application (Word DOC) and return it via email to address listed within the application.